I had a chance to try one of the best treatments on the market for your skin, recently, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it. I had the ultimate microneedling experience in St Louis, and was brave enough to do a live video of it! Read on to find out what the one, single biggest myth about it, is!
The Ultimate Microneedling
Experience in St Louis
Pretty much throughout my teenage years and well into my 20’s, I suffered from cystic acne, and was left with some scarring that really affected my day-to-day life and self-esteem. Then, during and after pregnancy, I was left with hyperpigmentation (aka melasma) in certain areas on my face. Now, as each passing year creeps up, it seems that fine lines and collagen loss is slowly but surely affecting my skin.
I became extremely passionate about taking care of my skin, and have been trying to reverse the damage that has been done. I started using sunscreen religiously, and began seeing a Dermatologist on a regular basis. Throughout the years, I have done: Fraxel laser resurfacing, multiple medical grade chemical peels, microdermabrasion & IPL. I became so interested in skin care, that I became a sales rep for a medical grade chemical peel company, and sold to Medical Spa’s and Dermatologists. I was well versed on all of the different types of treatments available, but the one that I had never done was microneedling.
Having worked in the industry, I’ve had a chance to meet tons of Estheticians. One in particular is Susie Lynch at The Women’s Laser Center of St Louis. You can tell someone is passionate about their job, when you learn more in 1 hour than you have your entire life. There are estheticians who don’t really listen to your concerns, trying to push products on you and there are ones that take the time to explain things thoroughly, so that they can truly help change your skin for the better. Susie knows so much about the skin and what treatments work the best for each individual. She is licensed and certified, a CMA and as a bonus was a prior phlebotomist(making me a bit more at ease about the procedure), fully trained in microneedling, as well as several other laser & skin treatments. Talking with Susie is practically like talking with your best friend. The woman knows her stuff and truly loves what she does! If you have any areas of concern or just need educated on caring for your skin, you need to make an appointment with her!
What is microneedling with PRP? It’s designed to improve the appearance of fine lines, large pores, wrinkles & scars on the face & body. It creates thousands of precise micro injuries into the dermis, triggering new collagen, & elastin production. Both are of the utmost importance for smooth/radiant looking skin. PRP(Platelet Rich Plasma) is derived from a small blood sample from you, releasing your own growth factors that recruit & increase reparative cells which “rev up” the results. So, 2 of the main things I knew about microneedling was, that it #1)looked like it was painful, and #2) you had a bloody face, so needless to say I was a bit nervous! As it turns out, I was wrong on both things. She only had to strap both arms down, not my legs…..just kidding!!!!! A numbing cream is applied to your face about 20 minutes prior to the actual treatment, so it’s completely painless, and secondly, the plasma is spun out of the blood, and put into a syringe that gets trickled over your face(not the blood) during the procedure, but thanks -Kim Kardashian for creating that dramatic bloody picture of what the celebs call it the “Vampire Facial”.
Watch it live below:
I asked tons of questions, because that’s just my personality! I wanted to know everything about the procedure, post care, benefits, etc.
- You can get Microneedling with PRP done even if you have filler or Botox-just be sure to wait at least 2 weeks after receiving the filler/Botox
- A series of at least 3 treatments are recommended, 4 weeks apart(this allows the skin time to heal & repair itself)
- You can get microneedling done even if you have semi-permanent makeup on(just wait 4 weeks after getting the makeup).
- You can wear makeup the following day, just be sure to stay out of the sun!
- They only draw a small amt of blood from you, not vials upon vials like I had imagined.
- They give you moisture rich post care products to use in the following days after.
- My skin was definitely pink afterwards, but I went shopping to a few places right after, even managed to spark the interest of several women and tell them all about the procedure!
- Never have a procedure done by someone who isn’t fully trained and licensed! Do not trust, just anyone!
- Microneedling with PRP is one of the most widely used treatments for acne scarring as well as the above mentioned skin concerns, and it can even treat all skin types.
- If you live in the St Louis area and are needing help with your skin, call Susie Lynch @ The Women’s Laser Center of St Louis at 314-807-8765.
I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the following microneedling with PRP treatments, it wasnt painful in the least bit. I cant wait to see how my skin continues to get better with each passing day and feeling more confidant, going makeup-free!!! These pictures are 3 days post procedure and I can already tell a difference!