One thing I love to make on a regular basis is protein bites and fat bombs! They make for a great grab n go healthy snack or a great way to satiate your desire to grab for unhealthy/sugary sweets. Fat bombs are, just that….a bunch of healthy fats, all in one small portion! This week I made fudge fat bombs and they were ……wait for it……”the bomb”. Too much? Eghh whatever, I laughed at myself! These fudge fat bombs are a great Keto desert as well!
My kid’s love helping me make these kinds of things, because, of course, they think its desert! But still, its something so crazy easy to make that you can bring in their assistance, as long as you don’t mind their little fingers dipping in there for a taste or two. Plus, with my dad being type 1 diabetic, I love discovering low carb/low sugar treats that he can try as well. I have an entire board dedicated to protein bites & fat bombs that you can find here!
I discovered this recipe from Sara Nelson from realbalanced.com
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia (see note below) OR 1-2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, depending on sweetness preference
- 1/16 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Over medium heat in a small pot, melt and combine almond butter and coconut oil.
- In the same pot, add dried ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into bowl and place in freezer for 90 minutes ORpour into silicone mold (if you choose to use a silicone mold, skip steps #4 and #5 and just allow the fat bombs to solidify in freezer, about 3-4 hours).
- Once solidified, remove bowl from freezer and form into balls. Tip: regularly wash hands under cold water and wipe with dry paper towel to avoid coconut oil melting in hands.
- Place formed balls on a flat tray or plate and return to freezer for 15-20 minutes.
I recommend doing a taste test before pouring into the mold. Some people have a sweeter preference than others! Store fat bombs in airtight container in the freezer.