Who loves Burpees, raise your hand!!!!!! Crickets……… Well you might want to change your mind, because Burpees are one exercise that you can do anywhere, anytime, any space(besides maybe an airplane). I’m showing you Five variations of burpees that you can do, depending on your exercise level.
5 Variations of Burpees
- Level 1 Burpee-Hop down to a plank position, holding your core tight, hop back in and squeeze your glutes
- Level 2 Burpee-Hop down and out to where your stomach touches the ground, hop back up and squeeze glutes
- Level 3 Burpee-Hop down and out to where your stomach touches the ground, hop back up and leap as high as you can in the air(like you are trying to grab something up there)
- Level 4 Burpee-Hop down and out to where your stomach touches the ground, hop back up and hold both arms out and as you jump up, kick both legs out to the side(like a star jump)
- Level 5 Burpee- Hop down and out to where your stomach touches the ground, hop back up and do a tuck jump
Try to aim for 12-15 burpees for 3-4 sets. These burn more calories and use more muscles than you think, so make them count and move as fast as you can to get your heart rate up! I guarantee if you do these at least 3 times a week, you’ll notice a difference!
Burpees are a great exercise to incorporate into a H.I.I.T Workout(high intensity interval workout). H.I.I.T workouts are great because you burn the most fat with the short/fast bursts of energy. You typically sustain a move for 30 seconds, followed by 30 seconds of rest, repeat and repeat. These kinds of workouts are great for the busy person who doesn’t have much time to workout. Very effective in a short amount of time!
Shop my Tights here: