My baby boy is almost 5 years old! How can that be? Its amazing to see him become better in so many areas, each year. With that comes different types of toys, and each year I always research what toys will help him develop, physically and mentally. Besides constant daily reminders, I have yet to find something that teaches patience! I hope these 11 gift ideas help you to get some good ideas. SHHHH-his birthday is next week, so mum’s the word on these gifts ideas.
The items I finally chose that would be perfect for him are definitely a mixture. I really try to not let him be on the computer very much, and really try to motivate him to be outside or something physical(because who am I kidding, they have so much energy, its as if they drink red bull all day long). My opinion is that if kids do something physical, they are not only working their bodies, muscles, coordination, balance etc. but also helps creativity and confidence. I’ve tried also, to think forward to items that will keep him busy in the winter and stimulate his creativity. Thats where stem toys come in great, when its too cold to go outside.
11 Awesome birthday gifts for a 5 yr old boy
- Kids wheel barrow & Garden Toys-teaches them creativity and to help out with lawn and garden(aka: reap what you sew)
- Newsiland Big League Blaster Gun-Because boys will be boys and this item is always a hit(no pun intended). There’s tons of variations to choose from. This helps hand/eye coordination- make sure its one that is age appropriate
- Bicycle– They grow so fast you pretty much, need to size up every year. Craigslist or Facebook swap shops are great places to find inexpensive used bikes. If you dont find what you’re looking for, here is a perfect option.
- National Geographic kids books-These are genius! Colorful, interesting pictures and your child will love learning about so many topics( Space, Dinosaurs, animals, you name it they just might have it)
- Diggin Active Dodge Tag– To help burn some energy, create healthy competition and help with coordination. I can hear the giggles now
- Doinkit Darts Magnetic Board-Perfect for a winter day when you cant go outside. This is a great game that helps create mental focus and coordination
- Play Road Tape-For all those Hotwheel cars and trucks! “May they be on this instead of under your feet!!!
- Kids Spiderman Shaving Kit– I mean what kid doesnt see Daddy shaving and wonder what in the world he’s doing? Helps create bonding time with Dad-(just remember to keep your real razors put up high so they cant reach them)
- Thinkmax Jump Rocket-Boys love anything they can create to go up in the air. Helps with coordination and physical exercise
- Kidwinz Binoculars-This will be a hit with your little outdoors man. They can scout for birds, deer,or try to find the end of the rainbow. Lets hope they dont spy on the neighbors though.
- Viahart Brain Flakes-I love Stem toys for kids. It really helps mental focus, creativity and stimulates that engineer in them.